Thursday 7 November 2013

Image Bank - Fine Art




Fine art photography can be looked at from many different angels - typically beautiful things e.g. landscapes, beauty shots etc. or alternatively controversial things such as 'weird beauty' or something that's not necessarily thought to be normal or right.  Some of the photos that I have found like the second one are 'pretty' and also kind of surreal with the cloud as the tree.  The forth photo looks at the beauty of the body from a different perspective, here it's looking a flexibility and the human body in  a different form.

Two of my favourite photos that I have found are by the same photographer, Oleg Dou - these are the third and sixth photos.  I love the simplicity of the shots in terms of colour and cleanliness.  I think it's really effect the way that the fine art technique has been used here to capture shots that aren't necessarily pretty, but instead capture a different kind of beauty.  I love how haunting the eyes are in both of the picture an how they connect with the camera.  It's interesting the way the photographer has manipulated the sixth photo to accentuate the tongue and make it look distorted.

Another of the photos that I really liked it the fifth example of fine art that I found.  I love the way there is a contrast in the woman's bod which can be considered a beauty and then the ugly pigs mask that she is holding up to her face.  I think the effect has worked even better with the photo being photographed in black and white.  There is not eye contact made with the camera here as the subject is holding the mask to her face, but the haunting effect that this has s undeniable and the audience are still drawn in to a focus point on the mask.

No comments:

Post a Comment