Wednesday 23 April 2014

Photo Shoot 4: Terminator (inspired)

Plans for the shoot:
I am going to be creating a look today that is inspired by Terminator.  I'm not sure how this idea came about, but I wanted to look at representation of human figure through technology or something of the sort, and we rely on technology so much today.  I couldn't think of anything to photograph that would be both visually interesting, fun and conform to the concept that I had, so instead I thought I'd just turn the human bionic/ into a robot and Terminator came off from it!

I am going to be looking at lighting today and how I can use it to my advantage.  As the look is going to be quite dark, I think using the boom light like I did in my first skeleton shoot will give me a nice effect, as well as using regular lighting.  I am going to use a black background as I think this will compliment the metallic makeup I am using to create the look.

I am going to be editing my eye in Photoshop in various different ways to create that glowing red effect after the shoot.

Shoot Evaluation:
Today's shoot went well.  I was happy with how the look turned out and think it photographed nicely.  The boom light worked out well too, creating the shadowy, dark effect that I wanted.  I ended up by editing the eye in two different ways too, both were trial and error but I quite like how they both look.  Here are some of my best shots from today:

This is one of the photos where I used the boom lighting.  I like the shadowy effect and this has made the makeup and eye in particular really stand out.  The expression is strong and this has added a powerful feel to the photo. To create the eye effect here I selected the eye area, filled it in red and the faded the colour, blending it in and adding a strong white accent in the middle. 







In this photo I used the same effect for the eye.  Regular lighting was used in the photo and I also added a gun as a prop to add to the more Terminator feel.  I think this has worked well as the subject has angle it in such a way to hide half her face and only make the eyes visible - his in turn has really made them stand out and accentuated the focal point.






This photo is where I edited the eye differently to make it red.  It's not as vibrant as the other two, but I like it a lot.  For this way, I simply selected the eye area again, and changed the colour levels, pushing it more towards to get the colour to change.






Overall I am happy with this shoot and would like to do something like this again.  I am enjoying these kind of shoots as they are fun to create and photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment