Wednesday 7 May 2014

Photo Shoot 6: Muscles

Plans for the shoot 
In today's shoot I am going to be representing the human  figure through the the human body's 'insides' such as the muscles and tendons.  This idea extended from the skeleton shoot that I did a few weeks ago and I thought the human figure could be represented 'inside-out'.

I am only planning on creating this look on part f my face and making the rest of my face very white and pale - a bit like a porcelain statue.  I plan on using a black background.

Shoot Evaluation
I am fairly happy with how the shoot went today.  Though I wasn't sure about how the look/idea was photographing at first I think the final effect is quite remarkable.  I experimented a lot with different camera angles and poses in this shoot and I am happy I did this as the variety of different shots I got allowed to me experiment more when editing.



This is one the photos from the shoot.  I think it looks very 'clinical' and really captures the attention of the viewer.  I like the small colour pallet that has been used as it has made the section of the face really stand out.

I edited a lot on this photo but very subtle, the eye for a start.  I changed the colour balance to make it look red and this blended in better and matched the muscles more.  I added a gaussian blur around the face and this subtly accentuated the makeup and the eyes.  I changed the colour of the photo overall by changing the exposure levels - this made the skin whiter and added a higher contrast of colour in the red tones.  

I love the blank expression on the models face, I think it makes the photos creepier and kind of scary too look at in a way.  

The only part of this photo that I do not like it the way I extended the red makeup on to the neck - it didn't photograph as well as it looked in person.  Nevertheless though I think the blur I used on the photo helped to distract from this more and ensured the focus was on the face itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment