Monday 26 May 2014

Photo Shoot 7: Mannequin

Plans for the shoot
I am going to be doing something different in today's photo shoot after the last one planned really did not go well!  After having a bad allergic reaction to some of the makeup that I was using I decided to try out something that didn't involve such an extensive look.  I am planning on photographing myself as usual only looking more 'normal' and then I am going to photograph an art mannequin.  Afterwards, I want to manipulate the photos in Photoshop and make it look as if my face is on the head of the mannequin.
 
I will want to use a dark background for this shoot like black so the mannequin stands out well against it.
 
I am going to need to keep things like the lighting and the focal length of the camera the same when shooting myself and mannequin so nothing ends up looking distorted out of place.  This way the end photo will look as seamless as possible.
 
Shoot evaluation 
I'm not really happy with how the shoot went today nor the final photo that I have ended up with.  I definitely think that over the last two years I have developed a style within my photography work that I love to create and photograph - I found this shoot boring and hate the final photo.  Nevertheless though I think doing a shoot like this has confirmed my maturing style and allowed me to try something new even if I wasn't happy with it.
 
I did however get a good chance to look at my Photoshop skills in this shoot and I am happy with how I was able to blend the face out evenly to make it look as flawless as possible in terms of editing it in place.
 

Overall, I am happy that  I tried something new in photography today but  I think I am better suited to the kind of work I was producing before where I was able to really 'create' everything in the photo in terms of the makeup and the photography.  I think I may look at extending this shoot trying it out on a doll - I feel my facial features are more doll, especially when I emphasise everything with makeup. As this is a plain mannequin a more plain, less made up version of myself may have looked better.

No comments:

Post a Comment