Monday 26 May 2014

Photo Shoot 8: Doll Face

Plans for the shoot
In today's shoot I am going to be looking at the shoot I did previously where I photographed a mannequin and gave it a human face.  I wasn't really happy with how this shoot turned out and therefore I thought I'd try doing something similar to see if I like the effect more.

I found these dolls called 'Beanie Babies' I had from when I was a child and decided I would try to put my face on one of them.  I though this would work better as I found the face looked "too much" and "too made-up" for the blank mannequin.  This differs to the doll faces which actually have more human features and therefore this should blend in better.

I am planning on using a blank background to photograph the dolls on so they stand out well (also because they have so much colour on them, themselves). 

I will again need to think about keeping the lighting and the focal length on the camera the same when shooting myself and the dolls so that nothing ends up looking distorted or out of place.

Shoot evaluation 
I feel better how the shoot went today in comparison to the shoot with the mannequin the other day.  I think everything has blended better and that the placement of the face has worked better too and doesn't look out of place so much. 

Although I don't think this is one of my best pieces of work, this is a nice variation in my portfolio of work and I think it has opened my creative mind more to experiment more with my work.


 
 
I am happier with how this shoot went today and I think experimenting with my style of work now will help me improve as a photographer and establish my style more.

No comments:

Post a Comment