Monday 9 September 2013

Image Bank - Multiple Exposure






The multiple exposure effect uses more that one image on top of each other to create different effects.  Some of these effects can include creating movement within the picture and the in turn can help to create erratic patterns and designs, giving a really artist and contemporary feel to the photo.  This kind of effect can be seen in the photo of the person juggling; this has made the composition of the shot more visually interesting.  I like some of the more contrast shots such as the last photo and the forth photo where parts of the body have been combined with nature shots.  I practically like the more 'action' photos in the ones that I have found as they show a small sequence of steps or moves like the sport and dancing images, or of the cat jumping.  This has made the photo more visually dynamic and given the viewer more to contemplate in the photo.

I really like the first photo that I found of the cat.  I think it looks very striking on the plain black background as the colours on the fur really stand out and the 'faded' effect you get with multiple exposure is very noticeable.  I think the shot looks modern and this is something that I want to achieve in my own work.  The ides and composition of the shot is so simple yet so effective.  I love simplicity in my work and I think this effect presents itself the perfect opportunity for me to work more in this way.

Another shot I really liked was the juggling photo.  I think it has turned out looking very weird-  this is something I like.  I again love the simplicity of the shot and it has inspired me to look at how I could adapt this idea to make it work for my own project e.g. applying makeup.  I really like how the different shots slowly fade away to nothing and this could demonstrate the change in the movement over a certain period of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment