Monday 30 September 2013

Work Diary - Blurring

Shoot Evaluation

Today we looked at the blurring technique.  The is a technique that I was already eager to try and looking through examples on the internet I found I loved the effects that could be created and it got me thinking about ways I could incorporate this technique into my own personal project.

I was working in the studio today for this technique - the set up was a bit harder than normal as the camera and lightening needed to be set differently, but once I had understood how it needed to be it became fairly easy.  It was difficult, again at first, when directing my model so that she stood where I needed her to in the light, but once I had established the right angle and lightening this again was easy.  I think it is a technique that needs so trial and error to begin with.

Here are two photos that I like from today's shoot:

This photo is one that I liked as the blurring effect has worked well.  I asked my model to move around in an irregular fashion - I like the way you can seeing in the effect where she started and where she moved too.  I love how the black background has really made my subject model stand out - this is valuable to me as if I chose to do this with my personal project I need to know the makeup stands out well.  You can see her face in more than one part of the shot and this has brought across different expressions and emotions.




I think that this is probably my favourite photo from today.  I asked my model to use the light on her phone as the source of movement - I got this idea looking on existing images on the internet.  I really like the effect that the light has given and he potential it has to move in a shot.  I think I would like to revisit this photo and look at possibly using more lights in the shot and keeping my model as still as possible.  I love how bright the light looks against the background and I think it would be nice to experiment with neon colours too.


How I could use this technique in my own project

I really enjoyed this technique and the effects that it gives.  However because my project is makeup I think I will I find it hard to photograph the makeup as it obviously look blurred.  This however could work well with an abstract look.  I think if I only looked at movement with light and kept my model still I could get a nice effect.  Alternatively I think using makeup itself as the subject could work e.g. photograph makeup 'falling' or 'spilling'.


No comments:

Post a Comment