Wednesday 22 January 2014

Personal Shoot 8: Fun!

Plans for the shoot:
I am wanting to do a much more colour fun shoot today, incorporating a few different ideas into one shoot.  I want to have fun, bright blue eye makeup with matching diamantes and pale baby pink lips that later will be added to with pink diamantes.  I am going to be using balloons and ribbons in my shoot, and a combination of differently composed shots, both full body and close ups.

I am going to use the white background in this shoot as I have found in previous shoots this one is best for when trying to get colours to stand out.  I want the feel of this shoot to be fun and 'loud', with lots of colour and things going on.  I have ideas for what I am going to do but as I am going to have a lot of props with me (something that I don't usually have) I envision this will be a shoot where I will want to experiment and improvise on the spot.

Shoot Evaluation:
Today's shoot was so fun!  I really enjoyed working with props for a change and because of the nature of this shoot it was really enjoyable to do.  Though I did encounter a few minor problems during the shoot (e.g. my idea I had with the ribbon did not work) I was able to work around these and end up with some really good shots.


This is my favourite photo from today's shoot.  I think this is something really different that I can add to my portfolio and the nature of the shot is something that I have not personally looked at before.

I love the energy and the lively spirit that this photo has - this has made it fun for the reader to look at.  The expression of the model works well with the pose and this has helped to create the fun, energetic vibe that I wanted.

I particularly loved the composition of this shot and the cropping - I paid a lot of attention as I was using props and I wanted them too look good in the photo too, hence making sure they were always facing forward with the ribbon hidden (which proved harder to be than first thought)!

This was one of the first times that I had used the white background, and though I wanted the background nice and pale so I could get all the colour to stand out, I found when I lit the background to make it pure white it was too sharp and crisp for my liking - I much prefer it with this warmer tone left in it. 

This shoot has definitely made me want to work more with props ad it as highlighted another side of photography work that I have not explored yet.  I enjoyed this shoot as it was fun and even though some elements of it didn't work out I think I got some good shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment