Thursday 16 January 2014

Work Diary - Video

Plans for the shoot:
I'm not really sure what I am expecting to get out of today's shoot - it feels weird going out to shoot a video when I am used to taking photos all the time.  I m thinking of doing something simple that is not too complex, and am mainly looking at this session as being something where I can learn and gain a better insight of what the cameras can do.

Shoot Evaluation:
I definitely don't like video!  I hated shooting the video in today's class and struggle to see the link in photography and video.  I felt my work was messy and I struggled to capture one whole moving picture that told a story as opposed to try to get it out in one photo.  Directing models was something else I did with the shoot though and I a glad I gained more experience in this. 

I used a programme called iMovie on the Macs to edit this video and this is something else that I didn't like either.  Though it does enable you too add filters to your work and add music, I fail to see how this can then be presented a piece of photography work - a photo should be a still, silent, non-moving image that tells a story on it's own and doesn't need anything else.

Overall, I am not all that happy with my work and definitely won't be incorporating video anywhere else in my photography work.




<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/paU6oGauMHE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

No comments:

Post a Comment